Teenage Driving Statistics:
- 75% of serious teen driving crashes are due to three common critical errors -
- Lack of visual scanning that is needed to detect and respond to hazards.
- Going too fast for road conditions.
- Being distracted by something inside or outside of the vehicle.
- Traffic crashes are the single, greatest cause of death among teenagers in the U.S.
- Teenagers have higher collision rates than drivers of any other age as they underestimate dangerous situations and/or are not able to recognize hazardous situations.
- Raise awareness of the risks and dangers of driving.
- Help young, impressionable drivers develop lifelong safety habits.
- Prepare teens to handle unexpected driving hazards effectively.
- Registration / Classroom:
- Participant check-in and introduction to our driving instructors.
- Detailed explanation of each exercise along with potential distractions the student could encounter while driving.
- Accident Avoidance / Distracted Driving:
- Learn how to utilize the Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) in an emergency situation.
- Instructors will ask students to read a text message, then come to a complete stop to show how far one can travel with their eyes off the road.
- Car Control:
- Experience how traction control operates and how to control a vehicle during understeering and oversteering situations.
- Target Fixation:
- Students are taught the importance of looking where they need the vehicle to go, rather than focusing on the object they are trying to avoid.
- Blind Spot Awareness and Closing:
- Avoiding blind spots is a basic road survival technique that can be solved by proper mirror adjustments and giving ample room between vehicles.
- Program overview will be followed by closing remarks.
Palm Beach International Raceway, 17047 Beeline Hwy, Jupiter, Florida, 33478
See available dates below.
$299 per participant.
Parents are invited to watch their children, and will also have the opportunity to ride with a certified instructor in one of our BMW M models, so they, too can experience the power of the Ultimate Driving Machine ®.
Student must be 15-19 years old, hold a valid unexpired US driver's license or driver's learning permit, and have at least 25 hours of basic driving experience. Comfortable clothing recommended (shorts and t-shirts are acceptable), closed-toed shoes are required.
Registration will take place at the Palm Beach Autocross Center. Parking will be directly across from the Palm Beach Autocross Center. Please follow the BMW signage for directions.
Only one registration per participant will be honored. For questions, please contact FloridaBMW@octagon.com.